A birthday party should feature the things the guest of honor enjoys most in life - and a "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things" 90th birthday party theme is a fun and memorable theme to tie it all together!
These Are a Few of My Favorite Things Party Inspiration #1 - Blue
I found this beautiful party picture on Pinterest! Unfortunately, there wasn't a link to the party itself, but you can use this for inspiration for your party.
These Are a Few of His Favorite Things Party Inspiration #2
Don't you just love this manly 90th birthday theme from Talk of the House? This was truly a labor of love for her father-in-law, although she was able to pull this off in just 2 weeks. Be sure to click through to get all the details about the party!
These Are a Few of My Favorite Things Party Inspiration #3
Chevron stripes and a cheerful yellow theme make for a festive party! There are 34 pictures in this Facebook album, so head over there and get more ideas on how to style your party! You can purchase an instant download for the large yellow "favorite things" sign at Etsy.
Free Party Favor Printables
These cute printable party favor tags (free) are the perfect ending to a fabulous party ! Source: Fantabulosity
Adorable party favor printables are available in color or black and white! Source: My Sister's Suitcase
Questions You Need to Ask to Plan the Party
Before you can get very far with the party planning, you'll need to find out what exactly the guest of honor's favorite things are! You'll need to designate someone to be the fact-finder. Here are a few questions that will help you find out what you need to know to plan the party:
- What's your favorite color? This will help you define the color scheme for the party.
- Favorite desserts? Find out what he/she would enjoy most on the dessert bar. For a small party, you may serve just one dessert. But I always think the more desserts the better!
- Favorite candy or candy bars: Add fun size candy bars for a little sweet touch to the party. They would also make good party favors.
- Favorite ice cream: what is birthday cake without ice cream?
- Favorite drink: You may want to get several answers to this. Depending upon the types of beverages you're serving at the party, you may want a favorite alcoholic beverage, cold drink, and hot beverage.
- Favorite cookie: Another great addition to the food table - and they also make yummy party favors.
- Favorite appetizer or party food: Because man can not live on birthday cake alone!
- Favorite fruit: Fruit adds a healthy touch - as well as a pop of color!
- Favorite main course: If you're planning a dinner party, you'll want to serve their favorite meal. Hopefully it's one that is easy to prepare/cater!
- Favorite music or song: Get a start on the party playlist by adding their favorite songs!
Optional Questions for Display Signs
Lists of the birthday celebrant's favorite things can add an extra-special touch to the party. I love the way they printed out the lists on colorful paper in this vibrant display!
Here are a few questions you might want to ask for the display signs:
- What are your favorite things to do?
- Favorite sports and teams
- Favorite movies, TV shows, and songs
- Favorite books
- Favorite vacations
- Favorite car
- Favorite place to eat
- Favorite collections
Favorite Things Party Game
It's always a good idea to have a party game or two in mind. This fun and easy Favorite Things party game from Shannon Brown is the perfect way to get guests laughing!
Before the party, just print out a copy of the questions for each of the guests. Be sure to have pencils or pens on hand for everyone!
Each guest fills out the question with his or her favorite things. They then take turns reading the list, and everyone who has the same answer crosses out that answer. Players score one point for each answer that is not crossed out.